Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A Palimpsest


Palimpsest is a page, whether from scroll or book that has been written on, scraped off, and used again. The word "palimpsest" comes through Latin from Greek παλιν + ψαω = ("again" + "I scrape"), and meant "scraped (clean and used) again." - I want to be scraped clean and used again.


This is a form of a palimpsest. I drew and wrote on top of a Reel Asian Film Festival flyer while having a conversation with someone I very connected to but trying to brake away from. What does that even mean? I am desperately trying to figure out the mess that is within my head concerning the current direction in which I am heading. Sometimes it feels like it is nothing but the drift of the changing currents and tides that makes me go in one direction or another.The titles of films which I want to watch soon are on the right side and the entwining mess of scribbles on another well that is just that .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

Search This Blog